Gilbert Electrical Systems & Products (GES) is a custom
electrical power equipment manufacturing facility situated on a 16 acre site
near Beckley, WV. Our state of the art 86,000 square foot facility includes
75,000 square feet of manufacturing space and 11,000 square feet for
administrative and technical staff.
Our manufacturing and service staff encompasses certified welders,
electricians, transformer winders and assemblers, painters, explosion proof
lighting and enclosure assemblers, and field service/test personnel. Included
in the GES engineering staff are electrical engineers and
mechanical/electrical draftsmen that currently use the latest version of
Gilbert Electrical Systems (GES) has been a part of Elgin Equipment Group for
over twenty years. The acquisition of GES in 1989 provided The Elgin Equipment
Group instant access to the industrial and utility markets for capacitor banks
and harmonic filtering banks, primary products of GES.
The acquisition in 1994 of K & M Electrical Products expanded the Gilbert
Electrical Systems product line to include empty electrical enclosures then
referred to in the industry as transclosures. GES does business with a diverse
range of utility and industrial customers. Utilities we serve range from small
cooperatives to large investor-owned electric and gas utilities. Our industrial
customers typically are large manufacturers and/or big consumers of electricity
interested in lowering their electrical costs through power factor correction.
Elgin Industries was established in 1864, in Elgin Illinois. Elgin Industries has more than 150 years of steady growth & is privately
Plant Facility & Staff
- Modern expanded facility
- 75,000 ft2 Manufacturing space
- 11,000 ft2 Office space
- 16 Acres in Beaver, WV
- Currently we have 120 employees:
- Certified welders, electricians, transformer, reactor winders and assemblers, painters, explosion proof lighting and enclosure assemblers, field service, test personnel in our shop, along with administrative staff.
- 10 Electrical & Mechanical Engineers in sales & engineering
- 12 Experienced Electrical & Mechanical draftsmen.
- AUTOCAD Modeling
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT OEM Design shop with customized and standard designs, or we will engineer, design and build to specifications.
- We can also help in developing specifications
- Field service personnel to perform installations and repairs
- ENCLOSURES - Complete design/fabrication welded and/or bolted
- POWDER COAT state of the art facility for all new equipment.
- One of the largest facilities in the eastern US
- 36ft long x 12ft wide x 12ft high
- DuPont or Sherwin Williams Powders
- Color availability is unlimited
- DURABILITY and long lasting finish
- Wet paint capabilities if required
- TRANSFORMER and REACTOR design/build up to 15 MVA, 34.5 kv
- HIGH VOLTAGE and/or CONTROL WIRING - Experienced electrical
- SUBSTATION design for traditional, Modular, Mobile or Unitized
(skid) style stations. From 500 KVA to 40 MVA , up to 230 KV .
Within our fabrication area we have the equipment and the staff to produce custom designed enclosures of most sizes that can ship via common carrier.
We have shearing, bending and punch capabilities. We purchased a new turret punch in 2008 that allows us to punch up to ¼” metal with numerous designs and shapes including louvers.
We have new pulse welders throughout the shop that allows us to weld mild steel, stainless and aluminum. We have 5 certified welders. All of our welders have been through extensive training from Ojett, Inc., an outside consultant.
Elgin Power Solutions - Primary